The movement of creating a cleaner space through the use of environmentally-friendly products has been growing over the past 20 years. Through the use of effective cleaning products that are less harmful to the environment, this practice has been adopted into the janitorial world. This oftentimes helps with boosting ratings and testimonials of your janitorial company while also assisting the environment.
Reasons for Going Green
- Saves Money – When you hire a company for a green clean you could be saving yourself time and money. Green products are less abrasive on hard surfaces, therefore you won’t have to replace your flooring as often.
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) – Running a successful business means making sure care is taken for each employee. Air quality can be a huge part of how your employees are working. Green cleaning provides you with the smell and feeling of cleanliness without all of the harsh chemicals.
- Patron/Client Preference – Many states have begun finding ways to improve the air quality around them. Although they may live in a state, such as CA with low outdoor air quality, they can control what IAQ in their commercial office building. As an added benefit, you may be able to use it for marketing to show you share similar values and interests as your client.
RELATED: What does a janitor do?
Tips for Going Green
- Steam Clean Carpets – When cleaning carpets in an office building, it is tempting to use chemicals to pull out all the dirt and stains. Cleaners filled with chemicals and stain-resistant treatments may not align with eco-cleaning. Instead, find a service that provides steam cleaning. You will know your carpets are getting clean and fresh without the chemical-laden cleaners.
- Indoor Air Quality – This is one of the most important factors of your building. If it seems as though your office is constantly dusty even after you have cleaned it, you may need to have your HVAC tended to by someone on the Indoor Air Quality Association. They can help you find answers and suggest the proper company to clean your HVAC system.
- Check Old Furniture – If your furniture is older it could become hazardous to the health of your employees. Some older furniture may have a flame retardant seal on it. This can break down over time and potentially lead to cancer risks. If you have older furniture in your office, consider it time to upgrade.
AMS Janitorial: Your commercial cleaning experts
AMS Janitorial is San Francisco and San Jose’s best commercial janitorial company for cleaning office common areas, bathrooms, and windows. Review our list of services including power washing, carpet cleaning, and deep sanitizing techniques against COVID-19. AMS Janitorial are your experts for all your disinfecting and sanitizing needs in the Bay Area. See servicing areas and inquire today.